Sunday, August 21, 2011

Egg White Butter Cake

Mum baked Shanghai Moon cake yesterday and left the egg white for me to bake this butter cake.
 Its look pale on the surface. I tested few times to make sure it is well cooked.
I get this recipe from Baking Mum. Her cake look so nice, with brownish surface. I think I'll bake this again when my mum make her second batch Shanghai Moon cake. My mum and dad said this cake is very moist.
This cake is full of butter flavor, u might not know it is only use the egg white.

The recipe's for this Egg White Butter Cake:
YAI’S EGGWHITE BUTTER CAKE

Ingredients
250 gm cold eggwhite
170 gm caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
175 gm cake flour (sifted)
25 gm milk powder (I used Anlene milk powder)
¾ tsp baking powder
175 gm soft unsalted butter (I used salted butter)
½ tsp salt (I had omitted this)
12 gm spongecake stabilizer (I had omitted this too)

Method
Preheat the oven to 175°C.
Beat everything together until it is well mixed. ( I beat the egg white first, then add in others ingredient)
Bake until cake is cooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment